The block construction of Etherna allows for very easy content creation. Some things just cannot be made easier.
How to Fix a Leaky Shower
Over time, the faucets in your shower will degrade. This will lead to leaks and other annoyances. Fortunately, these problems are easy to fix, and can be done by somebody with absolutely no home repair experience. Today, we’re going to teach you how to fix a leaky shower using a rubber spray sealer.
Tools required to fix a leaky shower:
Turn off the water going to your shower. Find your shutoff valve and turn it all the way to the right. Flip the shower tap on and off to ensure that no water comes out.
If your shower came with a plug, put that in the drain now, or cover the drain with an old rag. This prevents any screws from falling into the drain, something that has derailed many home repair projects.
Take off the shower handles by removing all of the attached screws. Sometimes, these screws are located behind a cap, and you may need to pry off these caps with a Flathead screwdriver in order to continue.
Once all of the parts have been removed, you will likely find a damaged washer attached to the small pole on which the shower tap sits. Remove it and find a new one of the same size. If it helps, bring the damaged washer to the hardware store with you to compare sizes.
If there isn’t a washer beneath your shower tap, it’s okay, because we’ll be adding a new one anyway. Ideally, you want your washer to be only slightly larger than the central post.
Once you’ve found a new washer, coat the back of it with rubber spray sealer. This forms a powerful waterproof seal that will prevent your shower tap from leaking for a very long time. Don’t worry if you plug the hole in the middle of the washer, as you can simply cut it out in order to fit snugly around the central pole.
Reassemble the shower faucet and turn the water back on. Test the tap to make sure that it no longer leaks.
Other leaky shower problems
A leaky shower can be caused by more than just a tap problem. There may also be issues with pipes behind the wall, worn sealant around the edges, and other issues. Fortunately, these can all easily be fixed with rubber spray sealer. Simply point it at the place you want to seal and let the liquid rubber fly. It’s that easy.
Why should I use Flex Seal?
You may have noticed that we recommend Flex Seal as an effective leaky shower solution. If you haven’t already heard of Flex Seal, it’s an innovative liquid rubber solution that will bind to virtually any surface in your home, forming a waterproof seal that will last for an incredibly long time.
Flex Seal’s unique rubber formula has been used for all sorts of waterproof purposes, which makes Flex Seal an ideal solution for your leaky shower problem. And, to top it all off, it’s also affordable and very easy to use.
For all of these reasons, Flex Seal is highly regarded in the home repair community. At its current sale price of $19.99, it’s a bargain that is tough to beat, and, even if you order two or more cans, there are so many uses for it around the house that it will never go to waste. Order Flex Seal today to find out how quickly you can start fixing the problems around your house.
How to Fix a Leaky Tap
At some point or another, almost all of us will have a leaky tap in our home. Instead of hiring somebody else to repair it for you, we’re going to teach you how to easily fix a leaky tap using a simple rubber spray sealer.
Supplies required to fix a leaky tap
- A Philip’s or Flathead Screwdriver
- Rubber spray sealer
- A washer that will fit your tap
Turn off the water going to your leaky tap. The shutoff valve can usually be found underneath the sink. Open the cupboard and take a close look around for any handles, and turn them tightly to the right. Double check to make sure the water is off by turning the tap off and on.
Plug the drain in your sink to prevent any of your materials from falling down there. There is nothing more frustrating than taking apart a tap, only to find that you’ve lost a screw or a washer down the pipes.
Remove the faucet handles using a screwdriver. You may have to pry off some caps in order to find the screw heads, as many taps hide these screws for aesthetic purposes.
There will probably be a damaged washer behind the handle that you just removed. Take that out and dispose of it. Don’t worry if there isn’t a washer there, as you’re going to add a new one.
Take a look at the size of the washer you just removed, or measure the size of the center post of your tap. Then, obtain a new washer in that size. Ideally, this washer will be only a tiny bit larger than the post. Coat the back of that washer with rubber spray sealer and then press it down firmly upon the post. This will form a waterproof seal and will prevent your tap from leaking.
While some washers come included with a seal, it is far more effective to use a powerful rubber spray sealer like Flex Seal, which provides a much higher rate of success.
Reverse the steps. Replace the tap and the screws, then turn the water back on to make sure that everything works without leaking. If the problem persists, then it may be indicative of a more serious problem, and you may need to call a plumber.
Why should I use Flex Seal to fix a leaky tap?
As the best rubber spray sealer on the market, Flex Seal has a number of advantages. Here are just a few of the reasons why it is such a popular home repair tool:
- Powerful bonds: while there are a few different rubber spray sealers out there, none of them work as well as Flex Seal. Its unique rubber formula forms a powerful bond with the surface that you spray it on, creating an instant seal. It works perfectly with virtually any household surface, and will fit easily upon your washer.
- Easy to use: Even the most inexperienced handy person will be able to figure out how to use Flex Seal. Simply point and spray the rubber at the washer, and your problem is solved. Good luck finding another home repair product that can be used so easily.
- Affordable: paying somebody to fix your leaky tap is embarrassing and expensive. Instead of doing that, you can buy Flex Seal for an incredibly low price of $19.99. And, since the company is offering a buy one, get one free promotion, it’s available at an incredible bargain.
- Thousands of uses: You won’t need an entire can of Flex Seal to fix a single leaky tap. However, there are so many other uses for Flex Seal that the rest of the can will never go to waste. It can be used to easily fix a leaky roof, a leaky gasket, broken pottery, and countless other household problems. This is why we feel that Flex Seals offers such incredible value.
How to Fix a Roof Leak
Everybody’s roof degrades over time. This can lead to everything from a minor leak to serious water damage. In order to repair a roof leak, most homeowners need to pay a roofing contractor thousands of dollars. But what if there was an easier and more affordable solution?
By using a spray-on rubber sealer on your roof, you can easily prevent leaks and water damage from ever affecting your home. Priced at only $19.99, a good roof sealer like Flex Seal is an easy way to save thousands of dollars on home repair costs.
With that in mind, here’s how to fix a roof leak using a rubber spray sealer. Remember that all of these steps can be done by somebody with absolutely no experience in home repair – it’s that easy.
- A can of good rubber spray sealer (we recommend Flex Seal). Depending on the size of your roof, you may need multiple cans.
First, you need to get up on your roof. Since the rubber sealer takes some time to dry, try not to do this on a rainy day, and check the weather forecast for any chance of precipitation. Use a ladder and climb onto the roof, bringing a can or two of rubber spray sealer with you.
Once you’re on the roof, take a look around for the various areas that you need to tackle. Leaks will often occur around various features on your roof, like piping, chimneys, skylights and channel valleys. Essentially, think of the areas where a lot of water could build up, and focus your efforts there.
Of course, if you already have a leaky roof, and know the general area from which it is coming, you can simply focus on that area. However, remember that leaks can come from all sorts of different places, and they may not necessarily be directly above the area of the actual leak in your house. For example, if a leak is coming from the ceiling above your kitchen, the actual roof leak may be on the other side of your house, and the water could be traveling through your ceiling to get to that point.
For that reason, finding a leak can seem like a difficult and frustrating task, but by per-emptively fixing trouble spots today, you can ensure that your roof remains leak-proof for as long as possible. To make this step easier, it’s important to be aware of the way water flows once it hits your roof.
After identifying the problem spots on your roof, you will find flashing underneath. Roof flashing is a sheet of metal designed to funnel water away from your home. Over time, the seal between this flashing and the shingles around it will degrade. Gently lift up the shingles in the areas you have identified to reveal the flashing beneath.
Using your rubber spray sealer, point and spray at the area between these shingles and the flashing. This works best when you focus your efforts approximately six inches back from the edge of the shingle. Be sure to lift the shingles gently, as you want to avoid breaking them. Also, do not be afraid to liberally the spray sealer, as spraying it too thin will cause the seal to disintegrate more easily.
Repeat step 3 with all of the problem areas of your roof, using as much spray sealer as is necessary. You may need to order several cans in order to be effective. The sealer will dry throughout the day, forming a protective barrier between your roof and the elements. After that, you’re done! And, best of all, you’ve avoided paying thousands of dollars to a roofing contractor.
Why should I choose Flex Seal to repair my roof leak?
As mentioned above, we highly recommend Flex Seal as the best way to repair your roof leak. Here are just a few of its most popular features:
- Reliability – Flex Seal has a unique formula that is specifically designed to bind to your roof’s surface – whatever that surface may be. Since rubber does not biodegrade naturally in the environment, the seal it forms will last for an incredibly long time.
- Multi-functionality – Unlike other roof sealants, which only work on certain materials, Flex Seal’s formula quickly and easily binds to everything from standard shingles to aluminum. Put simply, when you’re using Flex Seal, you can rest assured that it is equally as powerful no matter what surface it is attaching itself to.
- Affordability – In addition to saving you hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on home repair, Flex Seal costs only $19.99, and is currently offering a buy-one, get-one sale. At a price like that, Flex Seal is the most cost-effective rubber spray sealer that you can find, and costs a fraction of what any roofing company would charge.
- Easy to use – Even people with absolutely no knowledge of home repair have used Flex Seal to fix their roof leaks. It’s so easy that anybody can do it, and you simply point and spray it at any problem you want to solve.
- And more – Flex Seal can be used for more than just repairing a leaky roof. It is versatile enough to be used all over your house for any number of different purposes. You can fix broken pottery, or seal a leaky pipe or a bathtub, for example. Use your imagination: a good can of spray sealer can fix hundreds of different problems around your home.