The block construction of Etherna allows for very easy content creation. Some things just cannot be made easier.
How to Fix Basement Cracks
Over time, every house develops its own unique problems. Some of these problems are harmless, while others can be indicative of a more serious issue. Basement cracks, for example, can often lead to issues like flooding. If left over time, the moisture in these cracks can cause structural insecurity in your home and can leave you with irreversible damage.
For all of those reasons, it’s best to fix your basement cracks as soon as possible. Today, we’re going to show you how to do just that by using an easy and affordable rubber spray sealer. A solution like this will easily fill in the cracks in your basement, leaving you with a waterproof seal that will stand the test of time. And, best of all, you can do it without paying thousands of dollars to a home repair contractor.
What you need to fix basement cracks
- Rubber spray sealer (we recommend Flex Seal)
The first thing you need to do when waterproofing your basement is to identify any cracks and problem areas that could develop. This can be seen around areas of weakened concrete, or near drains and other features.
After identifying these cracks, spray each one with your rubber spray sealer. You’ll want to aim your sealant inside each crack in order to let the liquid rubber fill the space. Fortunately, Flex Seal has a nozzle that is specifically designed to distribute rubber in spaces like this, which makes it an ideal solution for fixing basement cracks.
Wait for your rubber spray sealer to dry and make sure that the rubber has formed a solid, waterproof bond with the surrounding material. Sometimes, the rubber can slightly deflate as it fills a hole, so you may need to hit it with a few coats for maximum effectiveness. After that, you’re done!
Why should I use Flex Seal?
We recommend Flex Seal as the best product to fill in basement cracks. Why? Here are a few of the reasons why Flex Seal is such an effective and popular product:
- Easy to use: If you have limited experience in home repair, then Flex Seal can be a life saver. You simply point the can at the area or crack that you want to fill and then click the button to let a stream of liquid rubber fly out. Home repair doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Long-lasting: The unique rubber solution in Flex Seal can last under the harshest conditions. It holds its rigidity in temperatures ranging from -60 to 300F and does not biodegrade naturally in the environment. In comparison, the conditions in your basement will seem pretty timid, which is why Flex Seal will form a waterproof barrier in your basement cracks for an incredibly long time.
- A powerful waterproof seal: If you’re going to fill in the cracks in your basement, then you don’t want to use an inferior product. Flex Seal will repel water from the cracks in your basement and prevent moisture from ever returning. Put simply, when you use Flex Seal, you can stop worrying about any sort of water damage in your home.
- Works on all materials: Rest assured that Flex Seal will form a powerful seal on virtually any material. It easily sticks to concrete, plastic, fiberglass, wood, and hundreds of other substances.
- Affordable: A top-quality product like Flex Seal should cost more than $19.99, but it doesn’t. For that price, you get two large cans of liquid rubber solution, which should be more than enough to fill in the cracks in your basement. And, to make the deal seem even sweeter, think of how much money you’re going to save on home repair costs.
How to Repair a Gasket
Has your car suffered a blown gasket? Do you want to avoid hundreds of dollars in repair costs? Fortunately, by using a good spray-on rubber sealer, you can do just that.
Your car’s gasket can suffer a lot of wear and tear over time. The metal can corrode, leading to various engine problems and leaks. Eventually, this gasket will fail, which is known as a blown gasket. Your first reaction may be to head to the repair shop. However, fixing a blown gasket on your own is surprisingly easy, and requires very little mechanical expertise.
Supplies needed to repair a gasket:
- A good spray-on rubber sealant (we recommend Flex Seal)
- Engine degreaser or other engine cleaning solution
- A brush or old rag
Remove the valve cover gasket. Clean the oil and sludge off of it using a drop cloth. The gasket can be cleaned using any sort of engine degreaser or other engine cleaning solution. Be sure to dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way, and try not to let it flow into a nearby drain. Then, give it a good scrub. Put a particular focus on the groove around the outside of your gasket. There may be a strip of rubber in there, so remove it and clean underneath. To get into the grooves, it’s often best to use an old toothbrush or other strong-bristled brush.
Your valve cover gasket should come with its own rubber sealer – a thin strip of rubber that lies along the outside rim of the cover. If you didn’t already remove this in the previous step, do so now. Take a closer look to see how wear and tear has affected this strip.
For this step, you will need to use your spray-on rubber sealer. If the rubber strip around your valve cover gasket is in rough shape, then you can patch it up by spraying it with a rubber sealer. Or, if the strip has already been damaged beyond repair, then you may just want to spray your rubber sealant around the entire rim of the valve cover gasket and avoid using the rubber strip entirely.
Of course, if the rubber strip is still in good shape, then you should be able to re-apply it with a small amount of spray-on rubber. Ultimately, whatever solution you choose should provide a tight, sealed fit for your cover gasket and prevent further wear and tear on the area.
Replace the valve cover gasket and wait for the rubber solution to dry. After that, your car will be good to go. Congratulations! You’ve avoided paying hundreds of dollars at a mechanics shop.
Why is Flex Seal the best way to repair a gasket?
As mentioned above, Flex Seal is clearly the best way to fix a blown gasket. Here are just a few of the reasons why we highly recommend it:
- Affordable – Instead of paying hundreds of dollars at a mechanics shop, Flex Seal costs a measly $19.99 for two cans. It’s tough to argue against a price like that. Whether you’re on a tight budget or simply want to avoid sending a large cheque to the car mechanic, everybody can appreciate a bargain like Flex Seal.
- Easy – Even people who know nothing about car maintenance can learn to fix a gasket with Flex Seal. With its simple, point and spray technology, you won’t find an easier solution than this.
- Long-lasting – Rubber does not biodegrade naturally in the environment, which is why it makes an incredibly effective and long-lasting gasket sealer. Instead of providing a temporary fix, like other do it yourself solutions for a blown gasket, Flex Seal provides a comprehensive solution that will stand the test of time.
- Multi-use – You may not use up an entire can of Flex Seal on your gasket. Fortunately, you can put your remaining spray-on rubber to good use. Flex Seal is great at fixing broken pottery, leaky roofs, pipe problems, and countless other problems that you may find around the house. In fact, after buying Flex Seal, many people simply walk around their home, can in hand, looking for various problems to solve.
How to Repair an RV Roof
Paying somebody to repair the roof of your RV can be expensive. Today, we’re going to tell you about an easier, do-it-yourself solution that even the most inexperienced handy person will easily be able to do.
What you need to repair your RV roof
- Rubber spray sealer (Flex Seal works best for this situation)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
- A clear day with low chance of precipitation (if you’re working outdoors)
Inspect the roof of your RV. Climb up to the top using a ladder, and bring your can of rubber spray sealer with you. The roof of your RV may be very dirty, so it’s a good idea to wear old clothes that you don’t care about.
Once you’re up, you can start looking for areas that have been particularly weathered or discolored, which is a perfectly natural process that can be seen on every RV roof. Look for holes along the edges and seams, and pay careful attention to features like an antenna, sunroof, or air conditioning unit, as the sealant around these will degrade over time.
If you’re using Flex Seal, then you can skip this step. Since Flex Seal works equally as well on any surface, it doesn’t really matter what material your RV’s roof is made out of, so you can move right on to Step 3.
However, if you choose to work with any other kind of sealant, you will first need to determine what kind of roof material your RV uses. Many RVs use aluminum, rubber or fiberglass, for example, or any combination of those materials. Depending on your RV, you will need to pick up the right sealer that will adhere to your specific material.
Go to the problem areas you have identified and gently scrub off any of the old sealant that remains. This will allow you to put a fresh coat of high-quality sealant on over top, which ensures that your RV remains protected from the elements as efficiently as possible.
Apply your rubber spray sealer to the ceiling of your RV, and ensure that each problem area is thoroughly covered. Make sure that you close up any weak spots around features, antennas, skylights, or whatever other things you may have on the roof of your RV. Even the smallest hole can cause serious problems, particularly if you live in a rainy climate.
Wait for the sealant to dry and then double check to make sure that no holes have formed. After that, you’ve successfully repaired the roof of your RV and can rest assured that it will be protected for years into the future.
Why is Flex Seal the best rubber spray sealer to repair my RV roof?
As mentioned above, Flex Seal is at the top of its class in terms of powerful rubber sealant technology. For an affordable price, it will protect your RV from all the elements for an incredibly long time. For that reason, it is by far the most popular and efficient product to use on the roof of your RV.
It’s also incredibly easy to use. People with no experience in home repair have been able to hop up onto their RV roofs and quickly repair any trouble spots that they see. You simply pick the spot that you want to seal, and then press the trigger, which releases a spray of liquid rubber onto the surface.
This rubber forms a powerful bond with all sorts of different RV materials, like aluminum, rubber, and fiberglass. Put simply, with Flex Seal, you don’t have to worry about how well your rubber coating will stick to the surrounding material. And, even better, this bond will not degrade in any sort of weather conditions. In fact, rubber does not degrade naturally in the environment, which means that the roof of your RV can be protected for a very long time. Flex Seal can even survive in -60 degree cold and 300 degree heat.
And, to top it all off, Flex Seal costs only $19.99 for two cans, which is much lower than some of the other products on the market. If you’re ready to repair your RV the easy way, order some Flex Seal today. You won’t regret it.