The block construction of Etherna allows for very easy content creation. Some things just cannot be made easier.
How to Seal Gutters and Prevent Leaks
Are your gutters suddenly less effective than they used to be? If you’ve started to see leaks develop in your gutters, then they could be directing water towards your house, as opposed to away from it. This can lead to pools of water in dangerous places, and, over time, could cause serious water damage to your home.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to prevent this from happening to you. Today, we’re going to teach you how to use rubber spray sealer to prevent leaks in your gutters.
What you need:
- Rubber spray sealer (we strongly recommend Flex Seal)
- A ladder
Identify the problem areas on your gutters where leaks are occurring. To do this, it might be best to wait for a rainy day and then stand outside to watch your gutters in action. Or, if you’d rather not stand outside in the rain, you can pour buckets of water into your gutters on a clear day and watch for leaks.
For this step, it’s important to be aware of the problem areas in gutters where leaks often occur. Joints between two gutters can be especially troublesome, and pay close attention to the corners. While there may be already be seams on your gutter, these will eventually degrade over time and can become riddled with holes and leaks.
After taking note of the leaky spots in your gutter, you can start to hit each one with your rubber spray sealer. Make sure the gutter is relatively dry and clear of debris before you spray it, as you don’t want to trap any moisture or leaves in your rubber seal.
Simply point and shoot the sealer at any trouble spots. Don’t be afraid to pack on a lot of rubber sealant, provided the rubber doesn’t start to clog up the channel of your gutter.
Wait for the liquid rubber solution to dry and then test out your gutter system again. If leaks still occur when you pour water into the gutter, then you may need a second coat of rubber. After you’ve ensured that your new gutter system is working, you’re done! Now go tackle other problems around your house with any rubber spray sealer that you have left.
Why choose Flex Seal?
We’ve mentioned how powerful Flex Seal is. But what makes it so special? Here are a few of the reasons why Flex Seal is the best way to seal your gutters and prevent leaks:
- Incredibly effective: In terms of powerful, waterproofing technology, it doesn’t get much better than Flex Seal. Its unique, liquid rubber formula binds to virtually any material, and is particularly strong on gutters.
- Durable: Flex Seal holds up in virtually any environmental condition. It is strong enough to withstand temperatures as low as -60F and as high as 300F, and will not be damaged by wind, hail, or any other precipitation. It’s one of those products where, after you apply it, you simply trust its power and rely on it to do its job.
- Surprisingly affordable: You may be surprised to find out that Flex Seal costs only $19.99. And, at that price, they’ll even throw in an extra can for the cost of shipping and handling. Good luck finding another effective gutter sealant at that price!
- Easy to use: It doesn’t take long to figure out how to use Flex Seal. Simply take the cap off, point it at the area you want to seal, and let loose a stream of liquid rubber. That’s all you have to do, and it’s so easy that anybody – even somebody with limited home repair knowledge – will be able to tackle their house problems with ease.
How to Seal a Pond
If you’ve got a pond in your backyard, then you need to learn how to protect it against leaks. Using a special tool like a spray sealer, sealing your pond has never been easier. Today, we’re going to teach you how to seal a pond quickly and effectively by using a rubber spray sealer.
While this technique could be used on a pond that already has leaks, it works best on a brand new pond. Since you are going to repair or enhance the existing synthetic pond seal, you will need to remove it from the water before applying the rubber sealant. Obviously, if you remove the seal for an existing pond, it will drain the water.
That being said, if your pond is already suffering from a leak, then its water level could be pretty low already, in which case removing the seal wouldn’t matter much anyway. Without further ado, here is how you can easily seal your pond by using a rubber spray sealer.
Tools required to seal a pond
- Rubber spray sealer (we recommend Flex Seal for this task)
- A new or existing synthetic pond liner
Remove your synthetic pond liner from your pool. These liners are usually made from plastic or rubber and are the easiest option available – particularly for beginner backyard pond makers. However, they can degrade over time, even if there are no sharp objects in your pond, due to the organic waste created by any plants or fish that you may have. This can lead to everything from gaping holes to smaller, pinhole leaks.
If you don’t already have a pond liner, you can get one at most home improvement stores.
Identify the areas of your synthetic pond liner that need to be fixed or strengthened. If these problem spots are not immediately noticeable to the naked eye, then you hold the liner up and run water over it to observe any leaky areas. Sometimes, even the smallest hole can drain a significant amount of water when left over time.
On a new pond liner, take note of any potential areas in which the liner could crack. Sharp edges and even rounded corners in your pond wall can expose weaknesses in a liner over time, and strengthening it with a little rubber sealant today can save you a lot of trouble in the future.
Take your rubber spray sealer and hit all of the spots you identified in the previous step. With a spray sealer, you just point and shoot it at the area that you want filled – that’s it! The liquid rubber will immediately form a waterproof bond with common liner materials like rubber or plastic, and this bond will help your pond withstand leaks for many years in the future.
Wait for the rubber to dry. While you wait, take a close look at bottom of your pond for any rocks, gravel, or other objects that may cut a hole in the liner. Remember, even a tiny pebble can rupture your liner over time, especially when there are hundreds of liters of water pressing down on it.
Replace the pond liner. Congratulations! You’re done. By taking steps to avoid a leak today, you’ve saved yourself time and money in the future. And, by using a rubber spray sealer, the entire process could not have been easier.
Why should I use Flex Seal?
As mentioned above, we highly recommend using Flex Seal to repair or strengthen the liner in your pond. It has a number of unique qualities that make it ideal as a waterproof pond sealant. Here are just a few of the reasons why it is so popular:
- Durability – The liquid rubber in Flex Seal is flexible enough to accommodate any changes in your pond, but strong enough to prevent these changes from causing a leak. It holds up under even the most extreme temperatures, and does not biodegrade in any natural environment. If you’re looking for a solution that lasts for an incredibly long time, Flex Seal is a perfect option for you.
- Easy to use – You will never find a home repair product as easy to use as Flex Seal. You literally point it at the hole that you want to seal, then pull the trigger and let it work its magic. Even somebody with absolutely no knowledge in home repair or landscaping will find Flex Seal easy to use.
- Affordability – If you’ve already purchased a pond liner, rocks, fish and various other pond features, then you don’t want to spend too much on a rubber spray sealer. Fortunately, Flex Seal has a 2-for-1 promotion where you can get two large cans for only $19.99.
- Multi–use – If you do happen to have some Flex Seal left over after sealing your pond, you can easily put it to use on other projects around your home. It can fix a leaky roof or a leaky gutter, for example, and can even mend broken pottery.
Radiator Leak Repair
One of the easiest ways to repair a broken radiator it to use a sealant, which will rapidly plug the holes on your radiator and prevent fluid from escaping. Using this easy, do it yourself method, you can avoid paying thousands of dollars at the mechanics shop. Here is everything you need to know about radiator leak repair.
First, it’s important to realize how dangerous a radiator leak can be. Over time, parts of every vehicle begin to break down, and a broken radiator can lead to overheating and fire risks, among other problems. As you can imagine, it’s important to stop a radiator leak as quickly as possible.
One of the fastest and easiest ways to stop a radiator leak is to use a rubber spray sealer like Flex Seal. These products will coat the surface of your radiator with a sheet of waterproof liquid rubber that will effectively protect your vehicle from the elements and prevent any further leakages. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to repair your radiator leak using rubber spray sealer:
Supplies needed for radiator leak repair
- A rubber spray sealer (we recommend Flex Seal for this purpose)
- An old rag to wipe up any oil and sludge
- A bucket of water that you can sink your radiator into (optional)
The first thing you need to do is determine if you actually have a radiator leak. Look for signs of coolant leakage on your parking spot, driveway, or garage floor. Next, take a peek inside the actual radiator (when your engine is cool) to see if the coolant is unusually low. If it is, then you may have a radiator leak.
Take a careful look at the radiator to find the spots where it could be leaking. This could be something as obvious as a pool of fluid, or it might be fairly minor, like green discoloration on the actual radiator. A hole or leak should be located fairly close to either of these two warning signs.
Sometimes, you still will not be able to find the holes in your radiator, in which case you should remove the radiator from the hood of your car and place it in a tank of water. By watching the bubbles flow upwards, you can determine where air is escaping from.
Take your rubber spray sealer and use it to patch up any holes you may find on the radiator. For larger holes, you may require a significant amount of rubber, while smaller holes will need only a quick burst. Simply point it at the hole and spray out a stream of liquid rubber, which will then attach itself to your radiator.
Wait for the rubber to dry and then check to see if any more fluid can leak out. If you’ve already removed the radiator from the hood of your car, then you might as well place it in a pool of water to check for air bubbles again.
Place the radiator back inside your car and refill it with cooling fluid. If everything has gone according to plan, then your car will be running in tip-top shape again. Congratulations! You’ve just avoided paying hundreds of dollars at a mechanic shop.
Why is Flex Seal the best rubber spray sealer to repair a radiator leak?
As mentioned above, we highly recommend using Flex Seal to repair your radiator leak. Due to its unique, fast-acting formula and easy-to-use technology, Flex Seal is clearly at the top of the rubber spray sealer industry. Here are just a few of the reasons why it is such a popular product:
- Works on any surface: Unlike some spray sealers, which are designed to adhere to specific surfaces, Flex Seal will stick to virtually anything, and is especially good at sticking to the material on your radiator.
- Long-lasting: Not only will it form a powerful bond with your radiator, but it sticks for an incredibly long time.
- All-weather support: Even those who live in extreme climates can use Flex Seal on their vehicle. It works easily in temperatures from -60 to 300F, and is completely waterproof. Put simply, the durability of a product like Flex Seal is amazing.
- Easy to use: I can’t think of a single car repair tool that is easier to use than Flex Seal. Using its slick, easy to use handle, you simply point and spray it at the problem that you want solved, and away it goes.
- Affordable: With all of these features, you would think Flex Seal would cost more than $19.99. However, for that price, you get two big cans of rubber liquid rubber spray that can easily be applied to a number of different problems around your house. So, if you still have most of a can left after your radiator leak repair, you can use it to repair a leaky roof, broken faucet, cracked pottery, and so much more. The only limit is your imagination.